MOSCOW, September 28. /TASS/. Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov has no information at his disposal if Russia had received an official request for conducting an anti-terrorist operation in Libya.
"I can neither confirm nor deny this," Peskov said, when asked if Russia had been asked to launch such an operation.
"I don’t know via what channels it might have been handed over," he said.
Peskov said that the Kremlin had taken note of the media reports to this effect.
"I have no information as to what official channels might bring such a request," he added.
According to Wednesday’s media reports quoting a diplomatic source the commander-in-chief of the Libyan army had asked the Russian president and defense minister to start supplying Russian weapons to his country and to launch a military operation against Islamic extremists terrorizing Libya.