Ukraine reconciliation meeting in Minsk postponed over OSCE car blastWorld April 24, 3:21
Macron announces his victory in first round of French presidential voteWorld April 24, 1:29
Le Pen gets 23.08%, Macron - 23.11% after 33 mln votes counted — Interior MinistryWorld April 23, 23:58
Preliminary results of French polls reveal defeat of two leading partiesWorld April 23, 22:49
Macron, Le Pen lead in first round of French election — TVWorld April 23, 21:33
Russian Foreign Ministry slams OSCE car incident in Donbass as 'provocation'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 23, 19:41
Macron winning presidential polls among French living in US, Canada — TVWorld April 23, 19:12
French nationals in Moscow expect presidential polls to bring changes to their countryWorld April 23, 18:01
French presidential hopefuls cast ballots in first round of electionWorld April 23, 15:52
MOSCOW, September 19. /TASS/. The situation around ceasefire in Syria leaves much to be desired, Russian president’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov said on Monday, adding that settlement efforts are continued anyway.
"So far, the situation leaves much to be desired," he said. "Actually, the only party that keeps on observing the ceasefire is the Syrian army."
Apart from that, in his words, the situation is complicated by such tragedies as the recent US-led coalition’s erroneous air strike on the Syrian military.
The Kremlin spokesman noted he could not say whether the truce is Syria would be lasting.
"All this endangers the regime of cessation of hostilities," he said. "Nevertheless, efforts are continued."
"Nevertheless, efforts are continued. The Russian foreign minister is in constant contact with his counterpart," Peskov noted. "However I cannot say for sure whether the truce will be lasting."
According to the Kremlin spokesman, "so far there are no plans on holding telephone conversations" between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his United States counterpart, Barack Obama.
On September 17, aircraft of the US anti-IS coalition delivered an airstrike on the Syrian military near Deir ez-Zor, where 60 were killed and about 100 got injured. The Syrian command in Deir ez-Zor said that 62 Syrian servicemen died in the air attack and about 100 more were wounded.