More than 237,000 fans attend Confederations Cup matches already - Deputy PM MutkoSport June 24, 15:03
Sistema's president hopes for dialogue with Rosneft on settlement agreementBusiness & Economy June 24, 14:56
CNN deletes article about meeting between Scaramucci and Russian Direct Investment FundWorld June 24, 13:12
Ukrainian Army units shell Donetsk Republic in first hours of newceasefireWorld June 24, 5:19
Politician says Russia vs Mexico football game will be interesting to watchSport June 23, 21:11
Kyrgyz president sees revival of relations with Russia as major result of his tenureWorld June 23, 20:49
Ex-premier says initiative to impeach Poroshenko stems from Ukraine’s economy collapseWorld June 23, 20:20
This week in photos: Confederations Cup opening and summer solstice celebrationsSociety & Culture June 23, 19:11
Turkish ambassador to Russia: Moscow and Ankara to join efforts in war on terrorWorld June 23, 18:45
CAIRO, August 13. /TASS/. The delegation of Russian experts will visit the Egyptian resort cities of Sharm el-Sheikh and Hurghada on August 28 in order to check strengthened security measures at airports undertaken by Egyptian authorities, member of the Red Sea Tourism Investors Association Tamer Nabil told the Al-Ahram newspaper on Saturday.
Russian specialists will prepare the final report, on the basis of which the Russian government is expected to make a decision on possible resumption of tourist flow to the Red Sea resorts.
Egyptian Minister of Civil Aviation Sharif Fathi visited Moscow in July and invited Russian experts to inspect Egyptian airports with the aim of soonest resumption of air service between the two countries. Fathi and Russian Transport Minister Maxim Sokolov reached an agreement on creating an inter-governmental agreement on cooperation in the sphere of civil aviation security.
Russia suspended air service with Egypt following the crash of a Russian A321 passenger jet in Sinai. The jet owned by Russia’s Kogalymavia air carrier (Flight 9268) bound to St. Petersburg crashed on October 31 some 30 minutes after the takeoff from Egypt’s Sharm el-Sheikh. It fell down 100 kilometers south of the administrative center of North Sinai Governorate, the city of Al-Arish. The plane was carrying 217 passengers and seven crew members. There were four Ukrainian and one Belarusian nationals among the passengers. None survived.
In November, it was announced that the crash had been caused by an act of terror committed by means of a home-made explosive devise with a yield of up to one kilogram of TNT. The Russian transport minister said that air service will resume after Egypt fully ensures security at airports.