Russian Prosecutor General’s Office finds another 3 NGOs to be undesirableRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 26, 21:42
Moscow ‘seriously concerned’ about Turkish airstrikes in Iraq, SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 26, 20:55
North Korea ‘neither fears war nor wants to avoid it,’ says country’s UN missionWorld April 26, 20:37
Russia’s Emergencies Ministry to continue helping Serbia in mine clearance in 2017Military & Defense April 26, 20:20
Putin says Russia, China maintain relations at 'unprecedentedly high level'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 26, 20:02
Polls shows number of happy Russians at record-breaking historic highSociety & Culture April 26, 19:27
IS recruiting Taliban fighters in Afghanistan — Russia’s General StaffMilitary & Defense April 26, 18:49
Coffin with presumed remains of 19th century Russian general dug up in TurkeySociety & Culture April 26, 18:26
Russian envoy says enacting nuke ban treaty will lay basis for stable strategic tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 26, 18:13
MOSCOW, June 30. /TASS/. The UK’s possible exit from the European Union (Brexit) is a result of both the EU domestic and foreign policy, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on the Rossiya 24 TV channel on Thursday.
"It’s a reflection of the policy pursued by the European Union not only within the community, but also in the international arena. It could not but have an impact on what is happening in this union," she said.
Zakharova said previously that Moscow "is interested in continuing cooperation with both Brussels and London," and "formal relations between Great Britain and the European Union are a matter of that state and the association of states," she added. "Cooperation is a priority for us," the Foreign Ministry spokeswoman said.
As many as 51.9% of UK citizens (17.41 million people) voted in a referendum held on Jun 23 for leaving the European Union, while 48.1% (16.14 million) were in favor of remaining part of the bloc. The referendum is of non-binding character, which means that its results can be either endorsed or turned down by parliament. Moreover, another referendum may be organized. British Prime Minister David Cameron however promised to respect the will of the British people who voted for quitting the European Union.