Kremlin gives no comment on reports that Russian, US jets flew dangerously close in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 28, 20:13
Two of four Soyuz crews to fly to ISS in 2017 will be smaller than usualScience & Space October 28, 20:05
Foreign Ministry: Two mortar shells fired on Russian embassy in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 28, 19:52
Kremlin: Russia may use all available means against terrorists in AleppoRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 28, 19:26
Russian Foreign Ministry refutes reports about alleged deportation of Russians from SerbiaRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 28, 19:07
Moscow slams US marines’ deployment in NorwayRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 28, 18:57
Photos of the week: fire in a giant migrant camp, Trump's flag hug and a 'river of sheep'Society & Culture October 28, 18:49
Finance ministers of Russia and Ukraine can meet if Kiev's debt is recognized as sovereignBusiness & Economy October 28, 18:48
US-led coalition increases intensity of air strikes near Mosul — Russian General StaffWorld October 28, 18:02
PARIS, June 29. /TASS/. Russia keeps attentively following the development of the situation with the results of a referendum on Great Britain’s secession from the European Union (Brexit), Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Wednesday following talks with his French counterpart Jean-Marc Ayrault.
"We have discussed Russia-EU relations. Our counterparts informed us of the assessments of the referendum that was held in Great Britain," Lavrov said.
"We consider that referendum a purely internal affair of Britain and the EU, but are of course attentively watching the situation, as we care how it will influence Russia’s relations with the EU and Britain," he said.
Some 52% of UK citizens (17.41 million people) voted on June 23 for leaving the European Union, while 48% (16.14 million) were in favor of remaining part of the bloc. The referendum was of a nonbinding nature, but Prime Minister David Cameron pledged to take into account the will of the British people.