Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russia says Syria terrorist attacks aimed at disrupting political settlement

May 23, 16:28 UTC+3
Russian President Vladimir Putin has conveyed condolences to Syria's Bashar Assad over the death of civilians in the terrorist attacks in Latakia
1 pages in this article
Russian Foreign Ministry building in Moscow

Russian Foreign Ministry building in Moscow

© Natalya Garnelis/TASS

MOSCOW, May 23. /TASS/. Terrorist attacks in Syria’s coastal cities of Tartus and Jableh are aimed at undermining ceasefire and political settlement in the country, Russia’s Foreign Ministry said on Monday.

"Another bloody act of atrocity by terrorists on the Syrian soil deserves the most decisive condemnation," the ministry said. "It was committed with an uncovered goal - to disrupt the regime of ceasefire maintained in Syria since February 27 and in general to undermine the efforts on political settlement of the Syrian crisis."

The ministry has expressed deep condolences to the families and relatives of the dead and to all the Syrian people and wished a speedy recovery to the wounded.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has conveyed condolences to Syria's Bashar Assad over the death of civilians in the terrorist attacks in Latakia.

"The head of state stressed that this tragedy became another evidence of barbarian and inhuman nature of terrorist groups that have unleashed a bloody war against Syrian people," the Kremlin press service said.

"The Russian president once again confirmed readiness to continue cooperation with Syrian partners in countering the terrorist threat and expressed confidence that criminals that tarnished their hands with blood of innocent victims will not escape retribution," the Kremlin added.

"Putin conveyed sincerest condolences to relatives and friends of the victims and wished soonest recovery to those who were injured," the press service noted.

Earlier in the day, a series of terrorist attacks rocked Syria’s Mediterranean cities of Jableh and Tartus. In Jableh, three blasts occurred near a bus station and the fourth one hit an emergency unit of a local hospital. Simultaneously, suicide bombers attacked civilians in Tartus. According to the latest reports, the death toll has exceeded 100 and dozens have been wounded.

Responsibility for these attacks was claimed by the pro-Turkish radical group Ahrar Ash-Sham and the Islamic State terrorist group outlawed in Russia.

"We see here a blatant challenge not only to the government and citizens of Syria but also to the authority of the international community that has voiced clearly its joint stance in favor of the intra-Syrian national accord and peaceful political way of settling the conflict in Syria with the uncompromising struggle against terrorism in line with the resolutions of the UN Security Council and the statements of the International Syria Support Group," the ministry said.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама