Azerbaijan’s security officers kill attempted suicide bomber in BakuWorld December 03, 18:04
Lavrov: first step under 1956 declaration on peace treaty is signing of itRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 14:47
Bank of Russia disclaims reports hackers steal 2B rubles from its correspondent accountsBusiness & Economy December 03, 14:42
Moscow sees nothing new in Congress banning cooperation between military of two countriesRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 14:41
Lavrov: joint projects with Japan to bring relations to new levelRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 12:29
Defense ministry says Russia delivers humanitarian aid to Aleppo daily 'unlike UK'World December 03, 7:29
Foreign ministers of Russia, Japan will discuss Putin’s upcoming visit to TokyoRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 03, 3:37
President of Luxembourg Forum welcomes Russia’s attention to threat of nuclear terrorismWorld December 03, 3:11
Presidential polls to determine vector for Uzbekistan’s further development — CEC chairmanWorld December 03, 2:44
SOCHI, May 12. /TASS/. Russia will stimulate enterprises of the military-industrial complex, develop capacity and increase cooperation level, Russian President Vladimir Putin told a meeting on developing the sector on Thursday.
"The state will further encourage enterprises of the military-industrial complex, develop production and engineering capacity," Putin said, adding that conditions for developing other production areas linked to the defense industry should be also created.
The president said new jobs will be created at the enterprises of the military-industrial complex and salaries will grow.
"We will continue endeavoring to keep jobs and increase the level of salaries and wages at defense technology companies," the president said.
Putin stressed that the 2015 state defense order is 97% fulfilled and called to look into the reasons of failure to implement the remaining 3%.
Enterprises of the Russian defense industry complex conscientiously fulfilled obligations under the 2015 state defense order - it was 97% executed, the president said.
"The defense industry enterprises have in general conscientiously fulfilled their obligations, most of the weapons and equipment were delivered in full and on time," Putin said.
According to the president, some 4,000 samples of armaments and military equipment were delivered to the troops in 2015. He also said that the Russian army in general is now 47.2% supplied with modern weapons samples. The army received, among other things, 97 planes, 81 helicopters, 152 air defense missile systems and 291 radar stations.
The president said that new weapons and equipment are actively used, they undergo trials during combat readiness inspections of units and formations at exercises, drills, in paramilitary competitions and often in combat operations.
"I must say that the performance is good, in general," Putin said.