Russia condemns terror attack in BarcelonaRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 21:32
Russian lawmaker calls on Europe to join efforts in war on terrorRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 21:03
Australia-born track cyclist Perkins says excited to become Russian citizenSport August 17, 20:04
Van rams into pedestrians in BarcelonaWorld August 17, 19:33
Moscow sees chance to improve Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 18:47
Russian cosmonauts launch several nanosatellitesScience & Space August 17, 18:42
Deputy PM Mutko pledges to reinstate Russia’s membership with IAAF in nearest futureSport August 17, 18:22
Russian diplomat calls on all countries to fight against extremist web sitesRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 17, 18:16
Russian Center for Reconciliation calls on Syrians to join anti-terrorism effortsMilitary & Defense August 17, 18:05
MOSCOW, March 26. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin has not taken any decisions on the case of the former Ukrainian military servicewoman Nadezhda Savchenko, Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with TVC channel, which will air on Saturday night.
"The situation with Savchenko is very simple and clear for us - Savchenko is convicted, the rest happens in accordance with the Russian law. She will serve her sentence. Only the Head of the State can make other decisions. So far, there are no such decisions," Peskov said.
On March 22, Donetsk city court in Russia’s southern Rostov region, sentenced Ukrainian ex-pilot Nadezhda Savchenko to 22 years in a general regime penal colony and a fine worth 30,000 rubles ($442 U.S. dollars).
Savchenko was found guilty of murdering VGTRK journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin; of an attempt to kill civilians and of illegal crossing of the Russian state border.
Savchenko’s term will be calculated from the date of detention - June 30, 2014. Her prison sentence will last for 20 years and 3 months.
Savchenko earlier said she disagreed with the verdict but would not appeal the court ruling.