Investigators release Gogol-Center artistic director after questioningSociety & Culture May 24, 2:32
London may be among contenders for 2018 FIDE chess world championship — FIDESport May 24, 2:29
Putin meets with visiting Philippine leaderRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 24, 0:15
Mechanism of alerting on cyberattacks practically never used by US — spokespersonWorld May 23, 22:19
Putin praises work of Independent Public Anti-Doping CommissionSport May 23, 20:38
Russia needs expanding representation in global sports federations — ministerSport May 23, 20:21
Russian athletes must be trained for Olympics under certain geographic conditions — PutinSport May 23, 19:38
Final charges brought against Russian ex-economy minister UlyukayevBusiness & Economy May 23, 18:59
WADA delegation to visit Moscow this week to help with membership reinstatementSport May 23, 18:48
MOSCOW, March 10. /TASS/. The Kremlin has condemned Wednesday’s attack on a bus carrying journalists and human rights activists in Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Ingushetia.
"This is absolutely outrageous, this is absolutely hooliganism," Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, adding that "the life of people was endangered."
Peskov stressed that the attack is "absolutely unacceptable."
"We expect that the republic’s law enforcement bodies will take the most efficient measures to search for and find those guilty of the attack to duly ensure security of human rights activists and mass media representatives and in general," he said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has been informed of the incident, Peskov said. He gave no details if the attack is "under special control." "We expect that the republic’s authorities will take all the necessary measures."
A source in law enforcement agencies told TASS earlier that on March 9 a group of journalists and human rights activists was attacked near the settlement of Ordzhonikidzevskata on the border between Ingushetia and Chechnya by around 20 unidentified persons. The attackers set the car of activists on fire, seized their cell phones and drove away. Six people were injured in the attack, and four of them sought medical aid.