CAS upholds life ban for ex-president of Russian athleticsSport August 21, 20:03
Police confirms man shot dead in Subirats was Barcelona attack perpetratorWorld August 21, 19:50
Premiere for historical drama Matilda rescheduled for late OctoberSociety & Culture August 21, 19:45
Fire in Russia’s Rostov-on-Don fully containedWorld August 21, 19:37
Russia wins two golds on second day of 2017 Universiade in TaipeiSport August 21, 19:29
Washington’s new strategy in Afghanistan aimed against China, expert saysWorld August 21, 18:43
Russia settles last part of Soviet debtBusiness & Economy August 21, 18:37
Man wearing suicide belt shot dead near BarcelonaWorld August 21, 18:29
Soviet-era ground effect vehiclesMilitary & Defense August 21, 18:28
MOSCOW, February 10. /TASS/. Moscow has not received any official notice from NATO on its plans to deploy troops in Eastern Europe and the Baltic states, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Wednesday.
"We can’t judge measures [being taken by NATO] by various media reports, even respected media sources. Nobody is perfect," Peskov said.
According to the Kremlin spokesman, it is necessary "to wait for some information, which can be perceived as reliable - some official statements on this score."
When asked about whether Moscow had been officially informed about that, the Kremlin spokesman said: "No."
The UK-based newspaper, The Telegraph, has reported that NATO considers deploying troops in Eastern Europe and the Baltic states.
According to the newspaper, this issue may be discussed at today’s meeting of NATO defense ministers. The paper gives some details of the plan, specifically, about the intended troop strength of 500 to 1,000 servicemen.