Ka-52 helicopter to be armed with new defense systemMilitary & Defense August 22, 12:00
Rostov-on-Don inferno claims life of one victimSociety & Culture August 22, 11:41
Stage director Kirill Serebrennikov detained on suspicion of masterminding fraudSociety & Culture August 22, 11:28
Astana talks on Syria can be held in mid-SeptemberWorld August 22, 9:05
Fifty-eight injured and nine taken to hospital after Rostov-on-Don fireSociety & Culture August 22, 8:25
North Korean leader secretly visited border area — mediaWorld August 22, 8:13
US visa changes to affect mainly Russian independent travelers, says authorityBusiness & Economy August 21, 21:07
CAS upholds life ban for ex-president of Russian athleticsSport August 21, 20:03
Police confirms man shot dead in Subirats was Barcelona attack perpetratorWorld August 21, 19:50
MOSCOW, February 4. /TASS/. Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Igor Morgulov has expressed concern over Pyongyang’s plans to launch a carrier rocket at the meeting with North Korea’s Ambassador to Moscow Kim Hyung-joon, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
"Deep concern was expressed over North Korea’s announcement of planned launch of a rocket," the foreign ministry said. "The Korean side was strongly advised to refrain from actions that may lead to further escalation in North-East Asia, ensure strict observance of relevant UN Security Council resolutions and return to the format of political-diplomatic settlement of nuclear and other problems of the Korean Peninsula," the ministry added.
Previously, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the International Maritime Organization (IMO) told TASS that North Korea informed the United Nations about the intention to launch an Earth observation satellite in the period between 8 and 25 February. The ITU received a letter from the DPRK Permanent Mission to the United Nations, informing that North Korea plans to launch an Earth observation satellite, spokesman for the Geneva-based ITU Sanjay Acharya told TASS on Tuesday. The London-based IMO has also confirmed the fact of receiving the DPRK notification. IMO has received information from the DPRK regarding the launch of an Earth observation satellite between 8 and 25 February, Natasha Brown, an IMO spokesperson, told TASS.