Six powers ready to cooperate with Iran in peaceful use of nuclear energy — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 25, 23:40
Confederations Cup: Russia vs Portugal match sold out, says FIFA secretary generalSport April 25, 21:20
Russian diplomat suggests UN should develop strategy to fight fake newsRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 25, 20:16
Putin backs creation of system to promote Russian goods on domestic marketBusiness & Economy April 25, 19:15
OSCE concerned over Russia’s declaring Jehovah’s Witnesses extremist organizationWorld April 25, 19:00
Russia to complete import substitution program for helicopter engines by 2019Military & Defense April 25, 18:39
Government is not going to reject floating ruble rate, Putin saysBusiness & Economy April 25, 18:10
Russian Navy rids itself of dependence on Ukrainian enginesMilitary & Defense April 25, 17:55
Ukraine's refusal to continue military cooperation prompts Russia to create new industriesMilitary & Defense April 25, 17:50
MOSCOW, February 3. /TASS/. Russia's former prime minister and the current leader of Russia’s Parnas party, Mikhail Kasyanov, as well as the party’s deputy leader, Vladimir Kara-Murza Jr., have asked the federal security service (FSB, former KGB) to launch criminal proceedings against the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, for a controversial video posted in the social network Instagram, Kasyanov’s lawyer Vadim Prokhorov has said.
"The request for opening a criminal case was filed at the FSB earlier on Wednesday. We demand Kadyrov should be prosecuted under three articles of the Criminal Code: 277 (encroachment upon the life of a statesman or public figure) and 280 and 282 (anti-extremist articles)," the lawyer said, adding that later in the day he would deliver a statement signed by Kasyanov and Kara-Murza Jr. to the Investigative Committee.
Kadyrov on Monday published a video featuring Kasyanov and Kara-Murza Jr. on his page in Instagram. The two politicians were shown through a sniper’s gun sight. The caption read: "Kasyanov arrives in Strasbourg to raise money for the Russian opposition. The one who has not understood it yet will understand." The video itself has now been removed by the social network for violating the rules of the resource.
On February 2 Kadyrov advised those angry over the video to take the case to court.
"If these cardboard heroes feel so scared when they heard me laugh at them, the road to courts is open for them. I am a law-abiding citizen. I am responsible for every word of mine and I remain firmly committed to my opinion," Kadyrov said in Instagram.