Russian Paralympians prepare for PyeongChang 2018 despite IPC suspensionSport March 24, 9:23
Senior Pentagon official calls for information strategy on RussiaWorld March 24, 8:42
South Korea warns North Korea may hold new nuclear test by end of MarchWorld March 24, 7:20
Russian-US experiment to simulate outer space mission named SIRIUSScience & Space March 24, 6:20
Russian research agency selects 10 bids in ‘Flying Car’ contestScience & Space March 24, 5:41
Belarus opens case into plotting riots, 26 suspects detainedWorld March 24, 4:30
Russia chooses new official Olympic kit brandSport March 24, 4:28
Police searching for another suspect in Russia’s ex-MP murder in KievWorld March 24, 2:45
Fourth victim of London attack dies in hospital — policeWorld March 24, 2:42
MOSCOW, January 11. /TASS/. Not a single court in Moscow has agreed to consider opposition figurehead Alexey Navalny’s dignity protection lawsuits against Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika. Likewise unsuccessful were the plaintiff’s attempts to bring to justice the dailies Vedomosti and Kommersant, the Ekho Moskvy radio station the television channel Dozhd and on-line periodical Slon, which explained in detail the affair involving Navalny’s allegations members of Chaika’s family were involved in shadow businesses.
Vigorous media debate occurred in December, when Navalny’s Fund of Struggle against Corruption published what it called an inquiry into businesses run by Chaika’s adult sons. According to some claims they owned a hotel in Greece and stakes in the Russian railway monopoly RZD. Chaika dismissed all charges as groundless and said that the so-called "probe" had been ordered by British subject William Browder and secret services behind the man.
Chaika’s statement was in the focus of Navalny’s unsuccessful complaint to court.
The Presnensky Court’s press-secretary, Nina Yurkova, said the lawsuit was returned to the plaintiff. Earlier, two other district courts refused to consider Navalny’s complaint.