Media reports on Russian ships call into Ceuta are controversial — embassyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 22:03
Russia’s telecom watchdog tries to block LinkedIn through courtSociety & Culture October 26, 21:29
DPR envoy reports no constructive discussion on "Steinmeier formula" in MinskWorld October 26, 21:14
Six NATO countries say ready to dispatch their forces to Black Sea areaWorld October 26, 20:43
Moscow refutes allegations about plans for Russian cruiser's call into Spanish portMilitary & Defense October 26, 20:38
US, Israel abstain from UN GA vote condemning Cuba embargoWorld October 26, 20:31
Western sanctions expected to relax gradually in 2017 — ex-finance ministerBusiness & Economy October 26, 20:25
Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates intend to see battle for world’s chess crown — FIDE chiefSport October 26, 20:24
Mi-8 helicopter lost in Russia's Yamal was running out of fuel — IACWorld October 26, 20:20
MOSCOW, December 14. /TASS/. A district court in Moscow has refused to consider a lawsuit filed by opposition leader Alexey Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation against Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika. The court’s press-secretary Nina Yurkova said the honour and dignity protection lawsuit had been returned to the plaintiff.
Yurkova said the lawsuit was rejected on December 9 because the court lacked the jurisdiction to consider the case.
The Anti-Corruption Foundation tried to initiate court hearings over the prosecutor-general concerning media publications about business run by his sons. Media articles said that Yuri Chaika’s sons had been involved in some grey financial schemes, owned a foreign hotel and stakes in the Russian railways company RZD Chaika has dismissed the charges as false and prepaid.
Earlier, the Anti-Corruption Foundation’s attempts to involve the Russian parliament in the case ended in failure. The chairman of the Federation Council’s constitutional legislation and statehood committee, Andrey Klishas, said the upper house would not adopt any statements or resolutions. He dismissed the appeal as a "political attack against one of the leaders of Russia’s law enforcement system."
Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the anti-corruption fund’s claims were of no interest.
In reply to a query from the daily Kommersant Chaika said the head of the investment fund Hermitage Capital Management Willian Browder was the man who had ordered the video film released on behalf of Alexey Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation.
"I have no doubts that there are Browder and foreign secret services behind this slanderous film," Chaika said. "The ultimate task is to discredit the Russian prosecutor general and the regional official subordinate to him and to defame Russia once again as a country that is not worth of doing business with and that deserves economic and other sanctions. He recalled that Browder’s affiliated structures had illegally built up a package of shares in an attempt to try to influence Gazprom’s management. The criminal group had defrauded the Russian budget of five billion roubles.