Russian ambassador urges NATO to abandon military domination policyRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 30, 21:05
Three Russian cities interested in hosting 2023 Basketball World ChampionshipSport March 30, 21:02
White House gives no specific dates for Russian-US summitWorld March 30, 20:23
United Arab Emirates shows interest in Russian helicoptersBusiness & Economy March 30, 20:19
NATO secretary general says ceasefire in Donbass works only on paperWorld March 30, 19:47
Putin not against Russian businessman Deripaska speaking to US Congress about ManafortRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 30, 18:55
Russian space rocket center receives first tested engines for Soyuz spacecraftScience & Space March 30, 18:42
Ukrainian president orders to implement ceasefire starting from April 1World March 30, 18:41
Google agrees with basic terms of amicable agreement with Russian anti-trust regulatorBusiness & Economy March 30, 18:18
MOSCOW, December 8. /TASS/. Moscow is concerned with reports about a coalition airstrike at the positions of Syrian government forces and death of civilians in Hasaka, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
"Moscow is seriously concerned with new reports about the US-led coalition’s airstrike at positions of Syrian government forces near Deir ez-Zor on December 6, as well as with consequences of the airstrike at wrong targets near the Al-khan settlement in the Syrian province of Hasaka that led to considerable losses among peaceful civilians," the foreign ministry said.
"We see that the root of emerging problems is in violations of one of cornerstones of international law - respect toward sovereignty of other countries," the foreign ministry continued. "We once again draw attention of all members of the international community to the fact that effective fight against international terrorism is possible only in coordination with those countries in the region on the territories of which terrorists are operating and which are carrying the hardest burden of fighting against them," the ministry said.
The Syrian Foreign Ministry said earlier that four jets of the US-led coalition fired nine missiles at an army camp of the government forces in the Deir ez-Zor province in the country’s east. Three soldiers were killed by the airstrike and 13 more were injured. The incident occurred on Sunday, December 6. US Defense Department spokesman for counter-terrorist operation in Iraq and Syria Colonel Steve Warren has already refuted reports about the airstrike against Syrian government forces.
On September 30 Russia’s Federation Council unanimously approved President Vladimir Putin’s request to launch a military operation in Syria against Islamic State and Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist groups. Russian Aerospace Defense Forces delivered first targeted airstrikes at militants’ positions on the same day. More than 50 jets and helicopters take part in the operation, including Su-34 and Su-24M fighter jets, Su-25 aircraft, Su-30SM fighter aircraft, and Mi-8 and Mi-24 helicopters. Since the start of the operation, Russian aviation made hundreds of sorties, destroyed dozens of ammunition depots, explosives production plants and command posts.