ANTALYA, November 16. /TASS/. The Kremlin continues to believe that none of the versions of the Russian plane’s crash in Egypt can be disregarded and is does not know how long the investigation, which will name the cause of the disaster, will continue.
"I am unaware of that [the alleged major version of the crash]. Let’s be consistent and wait for investigators’ statement," presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
"We proceed from the premise that none of the versions should be ignored," he added.
The Kremlin spokesman declined to answer the question whether the end of the investigation should be expected before the end of this year. "The Kremlin is not conducting the investigation, so I cannot tell you," he said.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Oleg Syromolotov said on Monday that the investigation into the Russian passenger jet crash in Egypt’s Sinai is not yet over.
"Cooperation with Egypt continues. So far, there are no final results of the probe. I have just spoken about that matter with Rosaviatsiya [Russia’s Federal Air Transport Agency]," he said when asked by TASS.
An A321 passenger jet of Russia’s Kogalymavia air carrier (flight 9268) bound to St. Petersburg crashed on October 31 some 30 minutes after the takeoff from Egypt’s Sharm el-Sheikh. It fell down 100 kilometers south of the administrative center of North Sinai Governorate, the city of Al-Arish. The plane was carrying 217 passengers and seven crew members. There were four Ukrainian and one Belarusian nationals among the passengers. None survived.