MOSCOW, October 21. /TASS/. The Western media reports on the alleged deaths of Russian servicemen in Syria have no particular source and have already been denied, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Wednesday.
Peskov told reporters he would not comment on this issue. "As far as I know, this has been already refuted, and most important, these reports had no particular source," the presidential spokesman stressed.
On Tuesday, Russia’s Defense Ministry denied the death of Russian forces in Syria.
"We would like to say in connection with foreign media reports that Russian servicemen have allegedly died in Syria that the Russian Armed Forces have lost none of its servicemen in Syria," the ministry press and information department said.
Russia’s embassy in Damascus earlier on Tuesday also denied Reuters reports that three Russian servicemen had allegedly died in Syria. "We have no information at our disposal about the Reuters reported ‘death of three Russians’ or ‘three Russian servicemen’ in Syria. All this looks like a new stove-piping case," the Russian embassy told TASS.
"The more so that the information came from the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which in turn referred to some of its own sources," the Russian embassy said.