Russian Foreign Ministry: OPCW not rushing to investigate chemical incident in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 25, 21:28
Russia’s legendary barque Kruzenshtern calls at Belgian portSociety & Culture May 25, 20:26
OPEC and non-OPEC countries to develop cooperation outside Vienna agreementBusiness & Economy May 25, 19:44
Russia squared-off with Western media blitz to smear World Cup preparationsSport May 25, 19:35
NATO seeks to continue and expand dialogue with RussiaWorld May 25, 19:01
WADA offers pole vaulter Isinbayeva post of ambassador for clean sports in Russia — sourceSport May 25, 18:57
Lavrov keeps close eye on situation with jailed Russian pilot in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 25, 18:51
Belkomur rail project brings new opportunities to Russia’s Arctic regionsBusiness & Economy May 25, 18:46
Russia to build first helicopter carrier by 2022Military & Defense May 25, 17:41
MOSCOW, October 2. /TASS/. The Russian Defense Ministry calls the foreign media rumors about the operation of the Russia’s Aerospace Forces in Syria "pseudo-sensations."
"These pseudo-sensations are complete nonsense, not grounded in a factual basis. I’d like to draw your attention to the fact that today’s informational provocations had been concocted in haste before the start of the operation," Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said on Friday.
Thus he commented on some foreign media publications about the actions of the Russia Aerospace Force air group in Syria. He also said that the Defense Ministry was closely monitoring all the "stove-piping" cases, irrespective of the source of their origin.
The operation of the Russian forces in Syria against militants of the outlawed in Russia Islamic State organization was launched on September 30.