SIMFEROPOL, September 26. /TASS/. Crimean prosecution has not confirmed that the man who attacked ambulance workers in the regional capital of Simferopol was detained.
"He has been identified," Crimea’s Prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya told TASS. "But there is no information about his detention."
Crimea’s department of the Russian Investigative Committee has not confirmed the reports about his detention, either.
"All the measures to find the suspect have been undertaken," Yevgenia Belyakova, an aide to the head of the Committee’s regional department, told TASS. "But he has not been detained yet."
Earlier on Saturday, the Crimea Inform news agency, citing a source at the law enforcement agencies, said that the police had detained the suspect.
Two people died in the attack, said Belyakova.
"The nurse died on the spot and there paramedics were hospitalised, one woman out of them died of the wound in abdomen on the way to hospital," Belyakova said. "Two other people survived the attack - a man sustained a head injury, and he is being operated on at the moment and another paramedic received a gunshot wound in the arm."
At 16.00 Moscow time (13.00 GMT) an unidentified man entered the territory of a first-aid station in Simferopol and opened fire on medics, the Russian Interior Ministry said.