US visa changes to affect mainly Russian independent travelers, says authorityBusiness & Economy August 21, 21:07
CAS upholds life ban for ex-president of Russian athleticsSport August 21, 20:03
Police confirms man shot dead in Subirats was Barcelona attack perpetratorWorld August 21, 19:50
Premiere for historical drama Matilda rescheduled for late OctoberSociety & Culture August 21, 19:45
Fire in Russia’s Rostov-on-Don fully containedWorld August 21, 19:37
Russia wins two golds on second day of 2017 Universiade in TaipeiSport August 21, 19:29
Washington’s new strategy in Afghanistan aimed against China, expert saysWorld August 21, 18:43
Russia settles last part of Soviet debtBusiness & Economy August 21, 18:37
Man wearing suicide belt shot dead near BarcelonaWorld August 21, 18:29
MOSCOW, March 28 (Itar-Tass) – The Russian Investigation Committee explained that a new accusation was not brought against former head of the department of proprietary relations of the Russian Defence Ministry Yevgeniya Vasilyeva.
“I understand Vasilyeva’s lawyers, who have to learn about the accusations brought against their client from the media reports. But this is not a new accusation, the new information, which has previously not been made public in the interests of the investigation,” spokesman of the Russian Investigation Committee Vladimir Markin told Itar-Tass on Thursday.
“I confirm once again that Vasilyeva really faced the accusation for the misappropriation of the shares of the open joint stock company The 31st State Design Institute of Special Construction to the tune of more than 190 million roubles,” he said.
On Thursday, Markin noted that the detectives exposed the sale of a block of buildings in downtown Moscow, where the 31st State Design Institute of Special Construction was housed, at the price lower than the market price by about 300 million roubles. This institute designed the facilities to ensure the defence capability of the country. Along with the illegal sale of the buildings the detective also exposed the stealing of the institute’s shares.
The former head of the department of proprietary relations of the Russian Defence Ministry was put under house arrest on November 23, 2012. Fifteen criminal cases, which are merged in one criminal case, are opened so far in the Oboronservis massive fraud case against the officials of the Defence Ministry and employees of the commercial organizations, which sustained the damages from the sale of the real estate sites and the shares, which belong to the Russian state. The term of the investigation is extended until June 8.
Head of the management department of the Russian Defence Ministry Nikolai Ryabykh, former general director of the limited liability company The Centre of Legal Support “Expert” Yekaterina Smetanova, Director General of the open joint stock company The territorial logistic depot in the Moscow military district of the Russian Air Force and the Russian Air Defence Troops Maxim Zakutailo, also faced the fraud accusation in this criminal case. Ryabykh and Zakutailo are being kept under arrest, Smetanova was put on recognizance not to leave the city. Former Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov was interrogated as a witness in this criminal case.