ARAF to check information from new ARD film on doping in Russian sportSport January 22, 22:47
All countries observe oil output cuts agreement — Russian energy ministerBusiness & Economy January 22, 16:59
Rogozin calls "dangerous incident" UK botched missile launchRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 22, 16:32
Medvedev calls United Russia ruling party, president's main resourceRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 22, 16:27
Mutko calls silly information Infantino asks him not to run for RFU headSport January 22, 16:24
Seven parties to participate in Syrian talksWorld January 22, 9:54
Russia’s Pavlyuchenkova reaches Australian Open quarterfinalsSport January 22, 7:19
IBU Executive Board finds no grouns to suspend Russia's biathlon teamSport January 21, 22:53
Russia terrified watching monuments destroyed in Palmyra — culture ministerRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 21, 17:08
STAR CITY, July 8. /TASS/. US and Japanese astronauts Kjell N. Lindgren and Kimiya Yui have been officially approved as new crew members to fly to the International Space Station on July 23, a spokesman for the Russian Cosmonaut Training Centre told TASS on Wednesday.
"The prime and backup crews of the new ISS expedition have been approved," the spokesman said.
Russian veteran cosmonaut Oleg Kononenko, who has already made two spaceflights and conducted three spacewalks, will lead the crew.
The backup crew comprises Russia’s Yuri Malenchenko, NASA’sTimothy Kopra and Timothy Peake of the European Space Agency.
A Soyuz-FG carrier rocket with the Soyuz TMA-17M piloted spacecraft is expected to blast off on July 23 from the Baikonur space centre in Kazakhstan.
Both crews will arrive in Baikonur on July 10 to complete their pre-flight training.
Kononenko, Lindgren and Kimiya Yui had been preparing for a May 26 blastoff, but the flight was delayed after the failed launch of the Progress M-27M cargo spacecraft in late April.