UFA, June 9. /TASS/. A cat saved his owner waking her up during a house fire in the city of Ufa, in southern Urals, a spokesman for the Bashkortostan department of the Russian emergencies ministry told TASS on Tuesday.
The fire started in the nighttime when the woman was asleep. "I was awaken by my cat who was meowing loudly and tossing about the room. I extended my hand to switch on the light but it wouldn't turn on - a short circuit. In complete darkness, I grabbed my rescuer and rushed outside," she said.
When fire crew arrived, the whole apartment was ablaze.
This is not the first such case in Bashkortostan. In January 2014, a pet cat saved her sleeping owner in house fire by jumping onto his face. After the fire was put out, the brave cat abandoned her owner.