Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russia’s next Progress space freighter to blast off to space station on July 3

June 09, 2015, 16:15 UTC+3 MOSCOW
The Russian Space Agency's schedule was adjusted due to last month’s accident with the carrier rocket and the space freighter
1 pages in this article
Soyuz-U carrier rocket

Soyuz-U carrier rocket

© EPA/TASS/ROSCOSMOS PRESS SERVICE HANDOUT

MOSCOW, June 9. /TASS/. The next launch of the Progress space freighter to the International Space Station (ISS) has been scheduled for July 3, Russia’s Space Agency Roscosmos announced on Tuesday.

"The launch of the Progress M-28M freighter on the Soyuz-U carrier rocket has been scheduled for July 3, and the launch of an upgraded version of the space freighter, the Progress-MS on the carrier rocket Soyuz 2.1a, has been scheduled for November 21," Roscosmos said in its statement.

The launch of the Progress M-29M space freighter to the ISS has been scheduled for September 21.

The Russian Space Agency issued on Tuesday an adjusted schedule of flights for this year. The schedule was adjusted due to last month’s accident with the carrier rocket and the space freighter.

The Soyuz-2.1a carrier rocket with the Progress space freighter blasted off from the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan on April 28. However, the carrier rocket failed to put the cargo ship into a designated orbit and Russia’s Mission Control lost communications with the space freighter that was intended to deliver supplies to the International Space Station.

The Progress cargo ship burnt up in the dense layers of the Earth’s atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean in the morning of May 8.

Roscosmos later said the accident had been caused by the "off-nominal separation of the third stage of the Soyuz and Progress space vehicles" as a result of the fuel tanks’ depressurization.

Head of Flight Control of the Russian segment in the International Space Station Vladimir Solovyov earlier said Roscosmos planned to postpone the ISS crew’s landing until June, then launch a Progress space freighter and send a new manned expedition only after that.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама