Senator warns US could plot strike against Syria under pretext of alleged chemical attackRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 16:16
Russian, Ukrainian companies' websites under massive cyber attackWorld June 27, 16:14
Seoul mayor presents his 'e-government' urban administration system to TASSWorld June 27, 15:35
Envoy says military dialogue may help ensure safety over Baltic SeaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 15:13
Rosneft reports massive cyberattack on its serversBusiness & Economy June 27, 15:08
Russia’s advanced drone helicopters to be displayed at defense showMilitary & Defense June 27, 14:56
Russia fully complies with terms of oil production cut deal — Energy MinistryBusiness & Economy June 27, 14:29
Kremlin has no information about pending chemical attacks in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 27, 14:26
Russian hi-tech firm to feature submarine Internet technology at St. Petersburg naval showMilitary & Defense June 27, 13:58
PARIS, August 29. (Itar-Tass). – French army is brought to advanced alert status and waiting for an order from President François Hollande on possible start of military operation in Syria. This was said in a statement by Defense Ministry’s official spokesperson Pierre Bayle on Thursday.
He noted that currently the Defense Ministry is not ready to give further details on the matter.
Earlier on Thursday it was reported that French frigate Chevalier Paul equipped with antiship missiles put to the Mediterranean Sea. However, French military authorities claimed that the maneuvers were planned in advance and were not connected directly with the conflict in Syria. As of yet there’s no official information on the exact section of the Mediterranean where the ship is proceeding.
Flagship of French Naval Forces, flattop Charles de Gaulle that actively participated in the Lebanese campaign in 2011, currently stays in Toulon’s harbor, the main sea base of France. There is no information available on the possibility of using this ship in the Syrian conflict spot as of yet.