Russia's top diplomat urges UN to assist in building fair and democratic worldRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 8:53
Diplomat notes shift in attitude towards Russia's proposals at UN General AssemblyRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 8:05
Kim Jong Un compares Trump’s speech to declaration of war, vows tough responseWorld September 22, 7:20
Washington accuses Russia and Syria of civilian casualties in airstrikes on Idlib, HamaWorld September 22, 7:17
US move to quit Iran nuclear deal to send wrong signal to North Korea — Russia’s UN envoyWorld September 22, 6:39
Moscow welcomes reform of UN’s anti-terrorism activities — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 3:53
NATO seeking to revive cold war-era climate — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 3:51
Situation in Syria gives grounds for cautious optimism — LavrovWorld September 22, 1:24
NATO secretary general comments on Russian military drillsWorld September 21, 21:34
CAIRO, August 21 (Itar-Tass) - Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will be released from the Tora prison on Wednesday evening. A court said all the charges of corruption against him were unsubstantiated, Egypt's Al Hayat television channel reported.
Earlier on Tuesday, the ex-President’s attorney Farid ad-Dib made a statement saying Hosni Mubarak may be released from prison during this week.
The lawyer said that the prosecutor dismissed one of the earlier brought charges in corruption. There’s one last charge left, but it is “just a juridical formality that will take not more than 48 hours to solve”, the attorney stressed.
The fortune of Mubarak and members of his family turned out dozens of times lesser than it was claimed after the 2011 revolution. The total wealth of 85-year-old Mubarak, his wife Suzanne Thabet, their two sons Alaa and Gamal, as well as daughters-in-law Heidy Rasekh and Khadiga El Gammal is estimated at 9 billion Egyptian pounds (less than $1.3 billion).
Meanwhile, ad-Dib added that 85-year-old Hosni Mubarak in the future would face alias trial on charges of implication in murder of protesters at mass actions that led to governmental overthrow in 2011. The results of the past trial, when the court convicted the ex-President, were deemed invalid by superior judicial authorities.
Earlier it was reported that this trial is adjourned until August 25.