CAIRO, August 17 (Itar-Tass) - Egypt’s Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawi has suggested dissolving Muslim Brotherhood following the violence it unleashed across the country, which has resulted in the death of innocent people.
Government spokesman Sherif Shawky said at a press conference in Cairo on Saturday, August 17, that Muslim Brotherhood leaders had encouraged attacks on government organisations and police stations, pogroms and acts of arson in offices and churches. Their activists overstepped all permissible limits for street protests and endangered public security, Shawky said.
He said the prime minister had instructed relevant ministers to prepare legal arguments for dissolving Muslim Brotherhood.
Shawky quoted the Health Ministry’s data as indicating that 173 people had been killed, including 57 policemen, and 1,300 civilians and army personnel injured in Cairo and other cities over the past 24 hours.
Muslim Brotherhood top leader Mohammed Badie’s son, Ammar, 37, was killed in Cairo on Friday, August 16, during clashes between the supporters of deposed President Mohamed Morsi and security forces, the Anatolia News Agency reported.
Ammar Badie received two gunshot wounds in the head and was taken to a military hospital near Ramses Square. Doctors pronounced his dead last night, the agency quoted Ammar Badie’s lawyer as saying.
It said that Mohammed Badie’s house in the southern part of Cairo had been set on fire by the opponents of Islamists.