NATO rejects media claims alliance unable of quick deploymentWorld October 21, 13:01
Russia has no doubts Iran observes JCPOA - deputy foreign ministerRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 21, 11:04
Monuments to Soviet troops in PolandWorld October 21, 10:57
Putin and Erdogan give positive assessment to joint efforts in Astana processWorld October 21, 3:03
Privileges to certain languages in Ukraine’s education law to worsen situation — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 21:46
International balance of forces in Syria after Raqqa’s liberation unclear yet — expertMilitary & Defense October 20, 21:05
Russia to resume import of aubergines, pomegranates from Turkey since October 30Business & Economy October 20, 20:18
International station to orbit Moon at 70,000 km distance from EarthScience & Space October 20, 20:09
US indulging in lies to have UN-OPCW mission’s mandate extended — Foreign MinistryRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 19:31
CAIRO, August 6 (Itar-Tass) - Egyptian authorities do not intend to offer ministerial posts to the Muslim Brothers, advisor for media to the interim Egyptian President Ahmed al-Muslimane said on Monday evening. He also denied reports about a possible release of Muslim Brothers members under investigation from custody in return of ending strikes of Islamists.
Possibility for compromise
On Monday, Reuters reported with reference to Egyptian Armed Forces Command representatives that the army and the government of the country will offer to Islamists several compromising solutions, which should help solving the domestic crisis in the country. In particular, it was reported that interim Egyptian authorities plan to release from custody several Muslim Brothers leaders, unfreeze the association’s blocked assets and give three ministerial posts to Muslim Brothers representatives.
“The information, which Reuters has made public, is not true at all,” Ahmed al-Muslimane’s spokesperson noted. In his words, the government does not intend to put up for vote the previously approved roadmap for transitional period or change it. Military Command spokesperson Ahmed Ali has confirmed the rejecting statement. “There are no deals with the Muslim Brothers over ending their rallies in Cairo,” he said.
The association does not put forth any initiative over the dialogue with “the leaders of military coup,” Muslim Brothers spokesman Ahmed Aref stated. “Our cause is a common cause of all Egyptians, who are seeking in a peaceful struggle to topple the coupists and regain full constitutional lawfulness,” he noted.
Attempt to establish a dialogue
Regional and international mediators, who have been seeking since previous week to develop a compromise and find a solution to the current situation that emerged in Egypt after Mohamed Morsi’s toppling by the army on July 3, are staying in Egypt. Overnight to Tuesday they met at the prison with the second top official in the association Hairat al-Shater, who is believed to be one of few Islamic leaders, who can take decisions. One of their initiatives is the release from prison of Islamist leaders in return for ending protests in Cairo. Al-Shater asked to give him two days to reply to the proposals, the Al-Balad news portal reported.