CAIRO, July 17 (Itar-Tass) - Iran’s Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said Wednesday that the Islamic Republic will continue talks with the Six Negotiating Countries /five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany/ regarding its nuclear program and it will form a team of negotiators after the inauguration of its new President, Hassan Rowhani.
Salehi said in an interview with the ISNA news agency that talks with the group of international mediators have been going on for a number of years already and everyone pinned hopes last year on the successes to be attained this year and all the indications are there now that this year will be a fruitful one indeed.
There has been no formal exchange of letters between Iran and the Six Countries so far but the dialogue with them will continue by any means, Salehi said.
The mediators themselves have already made known their willingness to resume the talks. Tuesday, the EU High Representative for Foreign and Security Policy, Baroness Catherine Ashton said the Six Countries are awaiting the list of a new team from Iranian negotiators.