MOSCOW, November 15. /TASS/. Russian oil giant Rosneft sees no risks that the deal on the purchase of a controlling stake in Bashneft could be reviewed after the detention of Economic Development Minister Alexey Ulyukayev on suspicion of taking a $2 mln bribe, the company’s spokesman Mikhail Leontyev told TASS.
"We see no risks for the deal, the deal was absolutely correct. There are no risks," Leontyev said.
Earlier on Tuesday, spokesperson for Russia’s Investigative Committee (IC) Svetlana Petrenko said that Ulyukayev was detained on suspicion of receiving $2 mln for the positive assessment provided by the ministry that allowed Rosneft to purchase the government’s 50% stake in the Bashneft oil firm. The minister attempted to extort money and threaten Rosneft’s representatives, she added.
A criminal case was opened based on Part 6 of Article 290 of the Russian Criminal Code (bribe-taking). Investigators plan to indict Ulyukayev soon and petition the measure of restraint.
The investigators have no questions concerning the deal on selling Bashneft’s stake, the IC spokesperson said.