Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russian Transport Ministry says no reply from Egypt on airports security

May 24, 19:22 UTC+3 ARKHANGELSK
Russia’s ministry of transport has received no reply to its latest claims to security at Egyptian airports, the minister says
1 pages in this article

ARKHANGELSK, May 24. /TASS/. Russia’s ministry of transport has received no reply to its latest claims to security at Egyptian airports, Russian Minister of Transport Maxim Sokolov told TASS on Tuesday.

"The ministry has received no reply to its claims," he said on the sidelines of a joint meeting of Russia’s Maritime Board and the state commission for the Arctic development.

Earlier, the minister said Russia’s aviation authorities maintain contact with their Egyptian partners and their "dialogue is constructive." Following a regular inspection in late April, Egyptian specialists are working on claims voiced by Russian inspectors.

An A321 passenger jet of Russia’s Kogalymavia air carrier (flight 9268) bound to St. Petersburg crashed on October 31 some 30 minutes after the takeoff from Egypt’s Sharm el-Sheikh. It fell down 100 kilometers south of the administrative center of North Sinai Governorate, the city of Al-Arish. The plane was carrying 217 passengers and seven crew members. There were four Ukrainian and one Belarusian nationals among the passengers. None survived.

It was the biggest air crash in the history of Russia’s aviation. It was announced on November 17 that the crash had been caused by an act of terror committed by means of a home-made explosive devise with a yield of up to one kilogram of TNT. Following the crash, Russia suspended air service with Egypt.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама