Foreign ministry spokeswoman slams CNN after publication of all Trump's 'Russia remarks'Russian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 9:46
Global elite gathering at Davos to discuss world economy challengesBusiness & Economy January 17, 9:29
Diplomat: Moscow knows very little about Trump's plans for Iran nuclear dealRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 9:18
Diplomat states 'practically no grounds' for accusing Damascus of chemical attacksRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 8:29
Russian diplomat says members of US Congress 'lost grip of reality'Russian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 8:22
Topol-M missile fired from Plesetsk hits hypothetical target in KamchatkaMilitary & Defense January 17, 4:31
Trump has big respect for Russian people and culture, says advisorWorld January 17, 4:30
Paintings by Chagall, Russian 16th century icons to be on display at Brussels art fairSociety & Culture January 16, 21:50
Russia calls to probe into attack on Moscow Patriarchate’s church in Kiev — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 16, 21:25
MOSCOW, May 17. /TASS/. The deal on Bashneft privatization may be closed in the first half of this year, Economic Development Minister Alexey Ulyukayev said Tuesday.
"It is possible. I think it is one of three assets most ripe (for privatization). We will receive the position of the investment adviser at the end of this month or the beginning of the next while further actions will be very quick," he said, adding that "it’s technically possible to do it in the first half of the year."
Russia’s President Vladimir Putin has permitted privatization of a 50% stake of the government in Bashneft by excluding it from the list of strategic companies. The relevant decree was published earlier on Tuesday on the website of legal information. The document has come into effect starting May 16, 2016.
Earlier it was reported that the Russian government was considering three options for privatization of Bashneft - the sale of a 25% stake, a 50% package and, together with a stake of Russia’s republic of Bashkiria - 75%.
The oil major Lukoil has expressed interest in buying a controlling stake in the company.
Bashneft operates in more than 20 Russian regions and overseas. The Russian Property Management Agency holds 50% plus 1 share in the company, with 25% plus one share belonging to Bashkiria.