Belarusian president comments on military cooperation with RussiaMilitary & Defense September 20, 14:24
Kremlin brands actor Morgan Freeman ‘victim of emotionally-charged, self-exalted status’Russian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 14:07
Kremlin expects Lithuanian president to change view on Zapad-2017 drillsRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 13:46
Russia still has to agree on two points for Arctic shelf expansionBusiness & Economy September 20, 13:44
Belarussian military at Zapad-2017 exercise achieves goals set — LukashenkoWorld September 20, 13:29
Infantino congratulates Russia’s Sorokin on being elected to FIFA CouncilSport September 20, 13:10
Press review: Tajikistan obstructs Iran’s SCO bid and Moscow works to end Palestinian riftPress Review September 20, 13:00
International researchers suggest quantum computers boost machine learningScience & Space September 20, 12:45
Putin keeps emphasizing respect for every country’s sovereignty — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 12:44
ST PETERSBURG, April 29. /TASS/. Russian oil major Lukoil is interested in buying shares of Bashneft oil company as part of its privatization even with the current oil price at $50 per barrel, Lukoil president Vagit Alekperov told reporters.
"So far I can’t have any answers. Our consultants are working on it. We are interested. We will pay real money depending on real economic situation in Bashneft," Alekperov said. Earlier it was reported that the three options of privatization of Bashneft were discussed - sale of a 25% stake, sale of a 50% stake and together with the stake of Bashkiria - sale of 75% of the shares.
According to Lukoil vice-president Leonid Fedun, the company will not even consider buying a 25% stake in Bashneft.
Prior to that, Lukoil expressed interest in buying a controlling stake in Bashneft. Alekperov specified that it may concern 50% of shares, which are in federal ownership.
Bashneft oil company is operating in more than 20 Russian regions and overseas. The Russian Property Management Agency holds 50% plus 1 share in the company. 25% plus one share in Bashneft belong to the Republic of Bashkiria.