Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russia’s Lukoil received no response in connection with property seizure in Romania — CEO

July 20, 2015, 16:07 UTC+3
Lukoil invited the European Commission to take part in a transparent investigation of allegations on tax evasion and money laundering brought against the company in Romania
1 pages in this article
© AP Photo/Alastair Grant

OMSK, July 20. /TASS/. Russian oil major Lukoil has not yet received a response from the European Commission in connection with the property seizure in Romania, Chief Executive Officer of Lukoil Vagit Alekperov said on Monday.

"No, letters have recently been under review," Alekperov said. "I hope we will settle this issue," he added.

TASS reported earlier Lukoil invited the European Commission to take part in a transparent investigation of allegations on tax evasion and money laundering brought against the company in Romania.

As TASS previously reported, the prosecutor's office at the Court of Appeal Ploiesti, Romania in early July accused Lukoil subsidiary Petrotel-Lukoil of money laundering and tax evasion. Lukoil categorically denies these allegations.

According to the company’s report, "Lukoil categorically denies the allegations of money laundering and tax evasion against Petrotel-Lukoil and its employees. Lukoil has operated in Romania since 1998 and is one of the largest energy companies in the market of this country. Lukoil is a conscientious payer to the state budget and supplier of quality products for the Romanian consumers."

Lukoil also notes that Petrotel-Lukoil provides about a 1,000 jobs in the region. In the last 9 years roughly $540 mln was invested in upgrading the refinery.

The Romanian media reported the arrest of the Lukoil subsidiary’s property in Romania in the framework of the investigation. It was also noted that the activities of five Petrotel Lukoil SA employees, including two Russian citizens are investigated within the framework of the case of alleged damage of roughly 2 bln euro.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама