Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Russian government does not make any new decisions on privatization of Rosneft — Minister

May 19, 2015, 9:56 UTC+3 BRUSSELS
Russian Economic Development Minister said he cannot say whether the government is ready to sell the stake to a strategic investor or not
1 pages in this article
© ITAR-TASS/Alexey Nikolsky

BRUSSELS, May 19. /TASS/. The Russian government has not made any new decisions regarding the privatization of state oil company Rosneft, Economic Development Minister Alexei Ulyukayev told reporters on Tuesday.

"So far there are not any concrete decisions," he said.

When asked about a possible participation of Surgutneftegas oil and gas company in the privatization of Rosneft as a strategic investor, Ulyukayev said he had learnt about Surgutneftegas’ plans only from newspapers.

The minister said he cannot say whether the government is ready to sell the stake to a strategic investor or not.

In late November 2014, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed a ruling on disposal of a 19.5% stake in Rosneft from Rosneftegaz company and its privatization at the price not lower than $8.12 per share (the price that was set at the IPO in 2006).

Earlier this year Bloomberg reported citing its own sources that Surgutneftegas may buy out 19.5% in Rosneft as part of the privatization.

At the same time, Surgutneftegas denied rumors about its plans to buy the shares of Rosneft. But it cannot be ruled out that the shareholders of Surgutneftegas may take part in the privatization via the entities, which are associated with the company, including non-state pension fund Surgutneftegas.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама