Bout barred from calling out of US jail, meeting relatives for 2 months - lawyerWorld August 23, 4:57
Russia marking day of defeat of Nazi forces in world’s biggest-ever armor operationSociety & Culture August 23, 3:18
Ukrainian president briefs other Normandy Four leaders about his trip to DonbassWorld August 23, 2:23
Normandy Four leaders support expected ceasefire in Ukraine — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 23, 0:27
Russia beggining development of response to new anti-Russian sanctions by USRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 22, 23:14
Investigators claim to have enough evidence to prove Serebrennikov guilty of fraudRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 22, 21:35
Washington tries to use events in Khan Shaykhun to justify its strike on Syria — MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 22, 21:31
Egypt to receive 15 Russian 'Alligator' helicopters in 2017Military & Defense August 22, 19:57
Christophe de Margerie LNG tanker covers Northern Sea Route in record 6.5 daysBusiness & Economy August 22, 19:32
MOSCOW, November 27. /TASS/. US company Walt Disney may decrease or even abandon investment in Russian mass media in the wake of a recent law on foreign interest in mass media, which restricted it to 20%, the company said in a report sent to the US Securities and Exchange Commission Thursday.
Due to the recently adopted law, the company may be forced to decrease its presence in Russia by January 2016. The company is assessing its possibilities in the framework of the new regulations and depending on the assessment will make a decision to cut or halt investment, the company said.
In 2011, Walt Disney purchased a 49% stake in the Semyorka TV channel for $300 million. The remaining 51% of the channel is owned by Alisher Usmanov’s UTH Russia.
The law will come in force from January 1, 2016. Mass media owners must draw all corporate activities in compliance with the law by February 1, 2017, and new documents on owners and founders must be filed to the communications watchdog by February 15, 2017.