Russia, China round up joint naval exercise in Baltic SeaMilitary & Defense July 27, 21:27
Chechen leader says he is ready to quit his job to protect al-Aqsa Mosque in JerusalemSociety & Culture July 27, 21:07
Russian tennis star Sharapova granted wildcard for WTA tournament in CincinnatiSport July 27, 20:11
Russia invites Baltic partners to attend naval review in St. PetersburgMilitary & Defense July 27, 19:38
Russia’s new ambassador to Turkey presents his credentials to ErdoganRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 27, 19:03
Deadly wildfires in southern EuropeWorld July 27, 18:20
Russia interested in cooperation with Finland on Arctic environmentBusiness & Economy July 27, 18:14
New US anti-Russia sanctions way to pursue its economic interests with cynicism — PutinRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 27, 18:11
Moscow surgeons separate newborn Siamese twins conjoined at head in 30 minutesSociety & Culture July 27, 17:57
NOVO-OGAREVO, October 29. /TASS/. Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov denied on Wednesday reports that Russian oil major Rosneft allegedly prepared proposals on new retaliatory sanctions.
“This absolutely does not correspond to reality, this information that Rosneft allegedly prepared proposals of anti-sanctions nature,” Peskov said.
“Preparations of any proposals are out of the question,” Peskov said. “This is not true that there are some proposals from Rosneft.”
Russia’s Kommersant business daily reported earlier that Rosneft allegedly prepared a set of measures aimed at the support of the national economy in view of Western sanctions.
According to the daily, the proposed measures ranged between restrictions on nuclear fuel burials and blunt expropriation of foreign equipment. The daily also said that the relevant document was sent to President Vladimir Putin for consideration.
Rosneft said in its official statement on Wednesday that it was likely to sue the daily for publishing false information.
“Publications of such ‘proposals’ cause damage not to the company and its shareholders but the whole Russian economy as well,” the company said in its statement.
Earlier on Wednesday Russian Minister of Economic Development Alexey Ulyukayev commented on the Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin's alleged proposals on a new round of retaliatory measures against Western countries saying that they do not serve as ground for the Russian authorities to pass any decisions on sanctions.
“I do not think they can serve as ground for any decisions,” Ulyukayev said.
Sechin's alleged proposal on new retaliatory sanctions is in the process of examination, presidential aide Andrey Belousov said on Wednesday. “Of course, the radical extent of these proposals exceeds the acuteness of the current situation,” Belousov said.