UN chief calls late Ambassador Churkin 'uniquely skilled diplomat'World February 21, 8:01
Vitaly Churkin’s sense of humor will be remembered by his UN colleagues — Ban-Ki-moonWorld February 21, 7:59
People bringing flowers to Russian Foreign Ministry in memory of late Ambassador ChurkinRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 20, 23:55
US envoy to UN pays tribute to Churkin’s ‘great skill’ in advocating Russia's positionWorld February 20, 23:29
Energy minister says Russia outpaces its February schedule of oil production cutBusiness & Economy February 20, 23:02
Russian UN envoy Vitaly Churkin’s death is big loss for Russia, premier saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 20, 22:52
Colleagues mourn Russia's ambassador to UN as 'diplomatic giant and wonderful character'World February 20, 21:58
Putin offers condolences over UN Ambassador Vitaly Churkin’s deathRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 20, 21:21
Russia’s Foreign Ministry lost outstanding diplomat — spokeswoman on UN envoy’s deathRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 20, 20:54
RUSAL, which is the world’s largest aluminum producer, has earlier applied to the London and Jersey courts for the first time in Russia’s corporate history for debt restructuring after failing to win unanimous support from its creditors.
The date of holding the creditors’ meeting was not specified in the statement. The Royal Court of Jersey will hold a hearing on July 15 on RUSAL’s request for the creditors’ meeting convocation.
By now, RUSAL’s request for debt restructuring has received support from 94% of the company’s creditors and the aluminum giant is currently negotiating the deal with the remaining 6%. RUSAL still needs to agree on a $3.6 billion restructuring deal with banks.
RUSAL has aluminum assets in 13 countries. The company integrates 34 enterprises. The aluminum giant’s core shareholders are En+ controlled by Deripaska (48.1% of shares) and ONEXIM Group of Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov (17.02%).