WASHINGTON, April 28. /ITAR-TASS/. ExxonMobil does not comments on its plans for collaboration with the Russian oil industry major, OAO Rosneft, after the corporation’s CEO, Igor Sechin, has been included in the U.S. sanctions list targeting individuals and companies in Russia with alleged ties to the Kremlin.
A spokesperson for the press service of the U.S. oil giant said they did not have any comments on the issue at the moment.
Rosneft and ExxonMobil signed an agreement on strategic partnership in 2011 and expanded its provisions in February 2013.
Monday afternoon, the U.S. announced new sanctions against Russia, which Washington accuses of “not moving a finger” to de-escalate tensions in Ukraine since April 17 when the so-called Geneva accords were signed in a bid to bring the violent situation in the abysmally chaotic former Soviet republic back to normal.
The Whites House said in a statement that the sanctions targeted seven individuals and seventeen companies, which the Americans claim are linked to the Kremlin.
The sanctions affected three banking institutions, among others.
U.S. officials say with a victorious note that the ostracized individuals will be unable to obtain U.S. entry visas and the assets of all both individuals and corporations subjected to the punitive measures will be frozen.
In addition to this, the U.S. Administration will deny the applications for export licenses for any type of high technologies that “could contribute to Russia’s military capabilities” The licenses that have been issued previously will be revoked, the statement said.
Beside Igor Sechin, the sanctions, with the aid of which the U.S. hopes to tarnish the Russian economy, concern Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak, and the chairman of the State Duma foreign policy committee, Dr. Alexei Pushkov.