Russia's Rostec to sell 12% in Russian Helicopters to investors consortiumBusiness & Economy February 20, 15:53
Four Russian servicemen killed in car blast in SyriaWorld February 20, 15:46
Russian ammo maker to develop AI-based grenade launcher munitionsMilitary & Defense February 20, 15:44
Russia holds talks on sales of T-90-MS tanks to Middle East statesMilitary & Defense February 20, 15:29
Most Russians back continuation of humanitarian aid to Donbass — pollSociety & Culture February 20, 15:13
Turkey may be interested in buying Russian S-400 missile systemsMilitary & Defense February 20, 14:40
Value of S-300 contract with Iran reaches almost $1 blnMilitary & Defense February 20, 14:08
Lavrov blasts claims of Russia’s 'involvement' in Montenegro coup attempt as groundlessRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 20, 13:55
Kremlin: Putin’s decree on recognition of LPR and DPR passports signed on humanity groundsRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 20, 13:42
LONDON, April 23 (Itar-Tass) – The Venezuelan parliament approved the mode to develop the oil deposit Carabobo-2, in which the Russian oil major Rosneft owns 40%, Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin said at a meeting with the investors here on Tuesday.
He noted that the oil output should make 400,000 barrels daily at the oil deposit by 2019.
In 2011 Rosneft and the Venezuelan corporation PDVSA signed a preliminary memorandum on mutual understanding to set up a joint venture for the development of the heavy oil reserves in Venezuela under the project Carabobo-2. The Rosneft share in a planned joint venture will make 40%, and the company CVP, which is a PDVSA subsidiary owns the remaining 60% stake. The Carabobo-2 project includes the sections Carabobo-2 North and Carabobo-4 West with the reserves of 40 billion barrels (6.5 billion tonnes). The highest level of the production of the commercial oil is expected to reach about 25 million tonnes annually.