NHL three-time Stanley Cup winner Malkin still hopes to play for Russia at 2018 GamesSport July 27, 15:33
Brazilian football team’s staff kick off Russian language practice ahead of 2018 World CupSport July 27, 14:48
Kremlin explains why commenting on new US envoy pick would be inappropriate nowRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 27, 14:37
Kremlin comments on EU sanctions against RussiaRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 27, 14:36
Russian, Finnish presidents to discuss stability, security in Baltic regionWorld July 27, 14:24
Putin appoints Russia’s permanent representative to UNRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 27, 13:41
CEO vows Shell will strive to honor its Nord Stream 2 commitmentsBusiness & Economy July 27, 13:31
Yandex may be fined for advertising itself as 'number one in Russia'Business & Economy July 27, 13:28
Russian airborne divisions get advanced portable air defense systemsMilitary & Defense July 27, 13:20
MOSCOW, December 13. /TASS/. Staged videos showing "Russia’s bombardments" in Syria as well as other videos of this kind were made by the militants’ shooting teams, Russian Defense Ministry Spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov said on Tuesday.
"All the ‘movies’ showing alleged ‘Russian bombardments’ and other staged videos were made by special shooting teams formed by militants," he said.
"The question remains why some media were so eager to use them without checking. We have advice for them: don’t ever fall for terrorists’ propaganda," Konashenkov added.
No human rights activists, representatives of the "opposition" or non-governmental humanitarian organizations have been found in eastern Aleppo, Konashenkov said.
"No representatives of the ‘opposition,’ the ‘local councils’ or non-governmental humanitarian organizations professing ‘Western values’ London and other capitals like so much, such as the White Helmets, the association of physicians or rights activists have been found in eastern Aleppo," he said.
"According to civilians, there was only hunger and indiscriminate terror by militants for any attempts to express dissatisfaction or leave the enclave," he added.
Konashenkov also said that Western countries and international humanitarian organizations have not provided the promised humanitarian assistance to those civilians who managed to get out of Aleppo.
"All of our requests addressed to the Western counterparts and international organizations for dispatching promised humanitarian aid to those civilians who managed to flee the terrorist enclave in Aleppo have remained unanswered," he said.
According to Konashenkov, instead of providing aid, the Western countries either keep silent or point to security threats facing humanitarian aid convoys. "Although no one in London, Paris, Berlin and Washington was concerned about any threats when sending aid to the terrorists-held districts of eastern Aleppo," he added.
Terrorists in Aleppo held more than 100,000 civilians hostage as a human shield and all those people left for the Syrian government-controlled areas as soon as the opportunity offered itself, according to Konashenkov.
"The Syrian army’s operation to retake Aleppo’s eastern districts, successful and in every sense humane towards the civilians, has demonstrated a number of important things," Konashenkov said.
"In the eastern districts the terrorists held hostage more than 100,000 civilians as a human shield. At the very first opportunity they left that enclave and moved to the Syrian government-controlled districts for safety, real aid and food," Konashenkov said.
Terrorists turned all of Aleppo’s schools and hospitals into ammunition depots or missile-making workshops, according to Konashenkov.
"The inspections carried out by Russian mine clearance specialists from the International Anti-Mine Center in the eastern outskirts of Aleppo did not reveal a single school or hospital, which had been functioning for the true purposes they were built under the terrorists. All of them were used as headquarters, Sharia courts, terrorist rallying points, ammunition depots and underground production centers for manufacturing homemade rockets," he said.
Over the past 24 hours, the Syrian troops have recaptured another 11 Aleppo’s neighborhoods from militants. The Syrian government now controls more than 98% of the city. About 110,000 civilians, including 44,367 children, have been able to leave the eastern part of Aleppo since the beginning of the operation to liberate the city. More than 7,000 residents returned to their homes from the city’s western districts.