Russia terrified watching monuments destroyed in Palmyra — culture ministerRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 21, 17:08
Russian bombers deliver successfully strikes on terrorists' facilities in SyriaWorld January 21, 15:39
Denmark uses Russian data in its application for expanding shelf — ministerBusiness & Economy January 21, 15:15
Agreement on bases in Syria to serve strengthening of stability in Middle East — MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 21:18
Trump's inaugural address: When America is united, America is totally unstoppableWorld January 20, 20:57
Hermitage chief: New Palmyra destruction comes across as militants' vengeanceRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 20:29
Russia's first deputy PM wants to keep current tax system for next political cycleBusiness & Economy January 20, 19:53
Russia’s Shipulin clinches gold in 20km individual race of IBU World Cup stage in ItalySport January 20, 19:18
Prominent Russian adventurer Konyukhov to take samples from Mariana Trench floorSociety & Culture January 20, 19:15
MOSCOW, December 5. /TASS/. Russia’s aircraft carrier-led naval task force in the Mediterranean is fully self-sufficient and does not have to pull into ports for replenishing reserves, the Navy’s commander-in-chief, Vladimir Korolyov, told the Rossiya-24 round-the-clock television news channel.
"All voyages by our groups, including the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier-led group, are planned in a way that lets them remain totally self-sufficient and independent from coastal logistics. There have been no problems so far and there will not be any. Although we have not stopped at Malta and Ceuta the solution of tasks set to us will not be affected," Korolyov said.
He added that the task force included three fuel tankers.
The naval task force began its voyage to the Northeastern Atlantic and the Mediterranean on October 15.
At the end of October the Spanish Foreign Ministry said that at Moscow’s request Madrid had allowed three ships from the Russian naval group to pull into the port of Ceuta, but Russia eventually withdraw its request. The Defense Ministry said that it had not asked for permission to The Admiral Kuznetsov to visit Ceuta, but merely considered the possibility of a "business visit by some ships and a logistic ship." Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said that the Russian group was totally self-sufficient and the schedule of the voyage was in no way affected.