Yeltsin’s limousine put up for sale for $332,495 in St. PetersburgSociety & Culture August 18, 19:46
Sambo wrestling should become trademark of Russian sports — security officialSport August 18, 18:38
Iran may start oil supplies to Russia within monthBusiness & Economy August 18, 18:31
Nord Stream 2 project will be implemented despite sanctions — energy ministerBusiness & Economy August 18, 18:29
Two killed in stabbing in Turku, FinlandWorld August 18, 18:15
Moscow and Ankara agree upon Turkish Stream landfallBusiness & Economy August 18, 18:11
Russia may lift agricultural restrictions from Turkey by October 20Business & Economy August 18, 18:04
Senior official says Kyrgyzstan is interested in military cooperation with RussiaWorld August 18, 18:03
US, NATO fail to help Afghanistan fight drugs — Foreign MinistryRussian Politics & Diplomacy August 18, 18:01
MOSCOW, October 26. /TASS/. The Russian Defense Ministry has refuted foreign media allegation on the plans for the Russian aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov to call into the port of the Spanish North-African enclave of Ceuta.
"The Russian Defense Ministry didn't forwards any requests to the Spanish authorities for a call of the aircraft carrying cruiser Admiral Kuznetsov into the port of Ceuta for refuelling," Gen Igor Konashenkov, the official spokesman for the ministry said.
"The Russia aircraft carrying flotilla is fully furnished with the necessary material for a self-sustained mission in the remote maritime zones," he said.
Gen Konashenkov admitted however that the military had pondered a possibility for a call of some ships and the auxiliary seacraft escorting the flotilla into Ceuta after the passage through Gibraltar.
"Spanish government representatives said on Wednesday the port call had been deemed impractical following the pressures the U.S. and NATO had subjected them to but this situation doesn't affect in any way the advance of the aircraft-carrying flotilla along the designated route," he said.