OSCE staff member dies in car blast in DonbassWorld April 23, 13:55
Presidential hopeful Emmanuel Macron gets in line to voteWorld April 23, 12:26
First candidates cast ballots in presidential election in FranceWorld April 23, 11:26
LIVE updates: French presidential election 2017World April 23, 8:57
Russian soldier’s killer mentally unstable - Armenia’s Investigative CommitteeWorld April 23, 0:48
Sculpture to US president Franklin D. Roosevelt unveiled in CrimeaSociety & Culture April 22, 23:11
‘No danger’ for Novaya Gazeta journalists — Chechnya’s headSociety & Culture April 22, 21:54
Roosevelt wanted to buy a piece of Crimea in final days of World War IIWorld April 22, 17:27
FC Zenit St Petersburg 2-0 FC Ural in first official match at renovated stadiumSport April 22, 17:25
MOSCOW, December 21. /TASS/. Russia’s Defense Ministry has called media allegations about the death of Russian contract servicemen in Syria "nothing more but a media hoax".
"The Russian Defense Ministry was surprised to learn about a Russian internet outlet report alleging that nine Russian contract servicemen had been killed in Syria. Notable, the outlet cites an investigation conducted by the US newspaper The Wall Street Journal, which, by the way, had no mention of the participation of Russian servicemen in the ground operation. Moreover, not a single word was said there about their death in the territory of Syria," the ministry said in a release.
"In the quest for a sensation or seeking to please the more authoritative American media outlet, those who wrote this material did not even bother to read in the internet that this rumor had been launched as far back as October by another Russia news portal. That is why we would recommend to be more careful and verify information not to mislead the readers and not to create shallow sensations," the ministry said.