Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Moscow health department plays down meningitis threat at sports schools

June 26, 2013, 20:03 UTC+3
Ten children, including seven already diagnosed with meningitis, have been brought to Moscow isolation hospitals
1 pages in this article

MOSCOW, June 26 (Itar-Tass) - No local outbreaks of meningitis infection have either occurred or are being registered at Moscow sports schools at present, Acting chief of Sports and Physical Culture department (Moskomsport) of the Moscow administration Alexei Vorobyov said in an official statement available on the Moskomsport website.

Seven students of Moskomsport schools are on hospital beds at present, he said. Six are staying at the Morozov Isolation Hospital, and one at Isolation Hospital No.2 in the Sokolinaya Gora administrative area. "We maintain permanent contact with the doctors of both hospitals,"Vorobyov said. "All the children are in stable condition," Vorobyov added

No sports drills had been held the day before the children fell ill, he said. The Federal Service for Protection of Consumers' Rights(Rospotrebnadzor) has been taking all the necessary measures, Vorobyov declared.

Earlier, Deputy head of the Moscow Health Department Alexei Khripun said that the situation in respect to meningitis was stable with no threat of an epidemic. "Meningitis cases occur in Russia every spring and summer. This is a usual thing. Any talk of an epidemic is pointless," Khripun said.

Ten children, including seven already diagnosed with meningitis, have been brought to Moscow isolation hospitals.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама