Abe promises to visit Russia without delay for further progress in peace treaty talksWorld January 20, 8:27
Russia regularly repels cyberattacks from UK, Germany and USRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 7:21
Russian Defense Ministry plans to stop using Tu-154, Tu-134, Il-62M aircraftMilitary & Defense January 20, 7:18
Russian citizen transferred from Guantanamo Bay to UAE — sourceWorld January 20, 3:26
Activists in Berlin stage picket condemning Obama’s foreign policyWorld January 19, 21:17
Russian regulator promises to respond to any US restrictions of RT channelRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 19, 21:09
FIFA: Over 82,400 ticket requests applied globally for 2017 Confederations Cup in RussiaSport January 19, 20:17
Russia stands for developing legal tool to fight cyber hooliganismRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 19, 20:00
Russia is developing advanced hypersonic weapons — ministryMilitary & Defense January 19, 19:50
MOSCOW, June 21 (Itar-Tass) - More than 90% of people living in the township of Nagorny, Samara region, that adjoins the testing range, which turned into a site of amassed explosions of munitions earlier this week, have returned from after a brief evacuation caused by the incident, Oleg Voronov, the chief of information department at the Ministry for Emergency Situations and Civil Defense /EMERCOM/ told Itar-Tass.
All in all, the authorities had to evacuate almost 6,500 people because of the explosions at the Volga Munitions Testing Range.
“The residents continue returning home,” Voronov said, adding that electric power and water supplies in Nagorny were not disrupted by the emergency.
“As for the supplies of household gas, 90% of the network has been restored and supplies resume as long as people get back to their apartments,” he said.
At present, removal of dangerous objects from the territories adjoining the testing range continues.
According to Voronov, experts have examined a section of the Samara-Volgograd automobile road that was blocked for traffic after the start of explosions.
“The cleanup on the road will wind up later in the day and control over it will return to the regional administration,” he said.