MAKS-2017 airshow yields contracts to over $6bln - Russian ministry of industry and tradeBusiness & Economy July 23, 23:48
Russian consumer rights watchdog chief names cities with highest HIV ratesSociety & Culture July 23, 21:41
Serbian filmmaker Kustirica says Crimea’s reunification with Russia is natural processSociety & Culture July 23, 21:40
Israeli embassy in Amman attacked by terrorists, some people wounded - TVWorld July 23, 21:35
Boxing Day on Red Square sets new Guinness recordSport July 23, 8:33
Joseph Dunford says Russia most military capable country of those posing threat to USWorld July 23, 4:57
Russia’s US envoy Kislyak steps down, his deputy to act as Charg d'Affaires ad interimRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 23, 1:33
Putin greets KamAZ-Master team - winner of Silk Way RallySport July 22, 15:20
Agreements on East Ghouta zone in Syria signed - Defense MinistryWorld July 22, 14:20
MOSCOW, June 19 (Itar-Tass) - The Moscow City Court on Wednesday upheld the placement in detention of civil activist Alexei Gaskarov accused of participation in mass disorder on Moscow’s Bolotnaya Square on May 6, 2012, Itar-Tass reports.
The court’s board of appeals dismissed in its decision the appeal of Gaskarov’s defence, considering its arguments unsubstantiated, while custodial placement motivated and legitimate.
Gaskarov took part in the trial of the appeal through a video link. He told the judges that prior to the arrest he had been engaged in public activity, had not fled before trial, and had untarnished reputation as he had been cleared of the previous accusation of an attack on the administration of Khimki.
Gaskarov became the 28th participant in the Bolotnaya Square case. He is accused under two articles of the Russian Criminal Code: participation in mass disorders and use of force against public authorities. The oppositionist pleads not guilty.