Moscow not seen as possible host of Eurovision 2017 song contest - mediaSociety & Culture December 04, 22:22
Et-Tell in Damascus Province fully controlled by Syrian governmentWorld December 04, 21:46
Mirziyoyev campaign office says he is winning presidential elections in UzbekistanWorld December 04, 21:40
Preliminary results of Uzbekistan’s presidential polls to be announced on December 5 - CECWorld December 04, 21:28
Putin expresses condolences over fatal road accident in Khanty-Mansyisk autonomous areaSociety & Culture December 04, 20:20
Emergencies ministry confirms death of 12 people in road accident near Khanty-MansyiskSociety & Culture December 04, 17:04
Fidel Castro buried in Santiago de CubaWorld December 04, 16:50
Cuban revolution in pictures: Early years of Fidel CastroWorld December 04, 16:49
10 people, including 9 children, killed in bus accident near Siberia's Khanty-MansiiskSociety & Culture December 04, 15:32
MOSCOW, June 19 (Itar-Tass) - The Moscow City Court on Wednesday upheld the placement in detention of civil activist Alexei Gaskarov accused of participation in mass disorder on Moscow’s Bolotnaya Square on May 6, 2012, Itar-Tass reports.
The court’s board of appeals dismissed in its decision the appeal of Gaskarov’s defence, considering its arguments unsubstantiated, while custodial placement motivated and legitimate.
Gaskarov took part in the trial of the appeal through a video link. He told the judges that prior to the arrest he had been engaged in public activity, had not fled before trial, and had untarnished reputation as he had been cleared of the previous accusation of an attack on the administration of Khimki.
Gaskarov became the 28th participant in the Bolotnaya Square case. He is accused under two articles of the Russian Criminal Code: participation in mass disorders and use of force against public authorities. The oppositionist pleads not guilty.