Photos of the week: Putin at the theater, Trump behind the wheel and Erdogan playing ballSociety & Culture March 24, 16:39
Legendary Soviet test pilot Mikoyan passes away at 94Military & Defense March 24, 16:22
Russian Aerospace Force received 16 Su-34 fighter bombers in 2016Military & Defense March 24, 16:06
Russian diplomat notes ultimatums cause Syrian opposition to suffer defeatsRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 24, 15:46
Putin and Le Pen did not talk about National Front's financing — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 24, 15:07
Kremlin expects ex-Duma member’s murder to be investigated thoroughlyRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 24, 15:05
Putin backs Russian Central Bank's key rate cut and regulator’s strategyBusiness & Economy March 24, 14:45
Vatican museums make exception for Tretyakov Gallery exhibitionSociety & Culture March 24, 14:41
UK police confirm at least 50 injured in Westminster attack, two more suspects arrestedWorld March 24, 14:31
MOSCOW, June 19 (Itar-Tass) - Nobody was gravely injured as a result of shell explosions at the Samara munitions testing range, Vice Governor of the Samara Region, Alexander Nefedov, said on Wednesday.
“Thirty-three people sought medical assistance. There are no serious injuries,” he said during a video link at a session of the working group of the government commission for emergency situations. Nefedov specified that the gravest of all injuries is a leg fracture of a female patient.
The head of the National Crisis Management Centre of the Ministry for Emergency Situations (EMERCOM), Vladimir Stepanov, said ten people had been hospitalized. “I ask to assess the condition of the injured, and evacuate them to Moscow for medical treatment if necessary,” Minister for Emergency Situations Vladimir Puchkov said.
EMERCOM specialists are working in the settlement of Nagorny, near which shells were exploding, the deputy head of the National Crisis Management Centre, Vladimir Stepanov, said at the session. Acting head of the EMERCOM Volga Region centre, Andrei Tretyakov, said for his part, that work to examine the territory of Nagorny will end by 2 pm, Moscow time, on Wednesday. According to Stepanov, Be-200 planes will be putting out remaining fires, after which small aircraft will be used. All children’s recreation camps outside the testing range have been examined, and there is no danger, Stepanov said. “Staffers of the State Fire Inspectorate examined all children’s camps situated 20 to 30 kilometers away from the shooting range,” he said, adding that everything is normal there.
Heavy vehicles of the Central Military District have arrived to the emergency site. They will be used in putting out the fire. The main work to liquidate the aftermath of the shell explosions is to be finished by 6 pm, Moscow time, Vladimir Puchkov said.