Envoy says Donetsk Republic won’t agree to leave DebaltsevoWorld October 20, 21:42
IIHF chief Fasel: Appointing ex-Olympian as Russia’s sports minister an 'excellent choice'Sport October 20, 21:37
Militants in Aleppo are disrupting ceasefire and hindering evacuation, Lavrov tells KerryRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 21:25
Three Russian officers injured in gunmen's precision fire in SyriaWorld October 20, 21:09
Hungary’s foreign minister: Agreement between US, Russia only way to solve Syrian crisisWorld October 20, 20:38
Federal Guard Service refuses to comment on GPS problems near KremlinSociety & Culture October 20, 20:22
Lavrov: West lets Islamic State 'genie' out of bottle in Middle EastRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 19:45
Five years since Colonel Gaddafi’s death, Libya still floundering in turmoilWorld October 20, 19:03
Senior Russian MP outraged by Charlie Hebdo’s cartoon over Orthodox center in ParisRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 18:59
YEKATERINBURG, May 24 (Itar-Tass) - The number of those who contracted salmonellosis in the Chelyabinsk region after eating pastry of the local make has increased to 96. Nineteen of them are children. Four patients are in serious condition, a spokesman for the local consumer rights protection authority told Itar-Tass on Friday.
“Laboratory tests confirmed salmonellosis in 46 patients. Their age ranges from two to 78. As many as 85 people are still in hospital. Eleven have been released to continue treatment out-patiently,” the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, the Kopeisk city court has suspended for ninety days the activity of the pastry shop, which baked the salmonellosis-containing products, a court spokeswoman told Itar-Tass.
The salmonellosis outbreak in Chelyaninsk and the town of Kopeisk was registered on May 18-19. People got poisoned with cream puffs made by a Chelyabinsk-based company, which rented production facilities in Kopeisk. As many as 70 kilograms of pastry were removed from the shop and from retail outlets. Inspections of the shop exposed numerous violations of sanitary norms. Salmonellae were found in samples of the shop’s products. A criminal case was opened on charges of the production and sale on products inferior to the safety norms.