Coalition wants Raqqa to be a Syrian center beyond Assad’s control - Russian senatorRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 22, 14:22
Putin notes dynamic development of political dialogue between Russia, KazakhstanRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 22, 12:09
US and coalition bomb Syrian Raqqa, like Dresden was bombed in 1945 - Defense MinistryMilitary & Defense October 22, 9:56
NATO rejects media claims alliance unable of quick deploymentWorld October 21, 13:01
Russian senior diplomat: Moscow has 'no doubts' that Iran fulfilling JCPOA dealRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 21, 11:04
Monuments to Soviet troops in PolandWorld October 21, 10:57
Putin and Erdogan give positive assessment to joint efforts in Astana processWorld October 21, 3:03
Privileges to certain languages in Ukraine’s education law to worsen situation — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 20, 21:46
International balance of forces in Syria after Raqqa’s liberation unclear yet — expertMilitary & Defense October 20, 21:05
MOSCOW, April 24 (Itar-Tass) - "Belgorod gunman" Sergei Pomazun who killed six people in a shooting rampage, has refused to give evidence, the press service of the Investigative Committee /SK/ told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
"He was questioned as charged offender in the presence of a lawyer, but he refused to give evidence, referring to Article 51 of the Constitution /which allows not testifying against oneself or one's relatives/, the SK said.
Police are continuing to gather and preserve evidence in the case and seek the stolen weapons.
Pomazun was charged under three articles of Russia's penal code earlier on Wednesday, senior aide to the head of the regional department of the Investigative Committee /SK/ Yelena Kozyreva told Tass.
A search of his apartment found a safe that had been broken open, and criminal proceedings were opened over theft of weapons and ammunition. On top of it, following the inspection of the Okhota hunting equipment shop, a criminal case over theft of weapons and ammunition was opened.
Kozyreva said a criminal case over the attack on a police officer against Pomazun had been opened as well. It carries the maximum penalty of life in prison. No charges have been brought yet.
Pomazun reportedly denied attacking children.
The tragedy occurred on April 22. The investigator said Pomazun had fired his hunting rifle at visitors of the Okhota shop in Narodny Bulvar /Parkway/ and then at passers-by in the street. He fled in a car. Six people, including two schoolgirls, were killed.
The "Belgorod shooter" was detained on Tuesday evening, as he was trying to slip in a freight car through a police cordon. During the detention, Pomazun attacked police, injuring one officer. He was overpowered and brought to a Belgorod police station. His firearms have not been found yet.
Pomazun has a conviction for theft. He was released from a penal colony in 2012.